Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hello there!

Well, I must admit this is my first blogging experience. I figured I'd try my hand at it and see how it goes. It centers around my familiy's life on a small Midwestern farm. My husband and I have raised and trained Appaloosa horses as a hobby and red Angus beef cattle as part of our livelihood.

Farming has been in my husband's family for generations. He's from the area while I migrated here from the east. He teases me sometimes about being an "Easterner". We initially met online and were married in 2006. We now have three wonderful children a son, age 4, daughter age 2, and baby boy 6 months old.

Life here isn't always easy, sometimes we have mishaps, some of which are pretty entertaining. I figured it would be fun to share the ride...


Here's my husband driving a team of Belgians, Duke & Doll that he trained himself

One of our homebred colts, Steelntheshow aka Steel as a baby



Me back in the day riding my Quarter Horse mare Abby. Now I do mostly trail riding/western and some local fun shows at saddle clubs in between being a full-time mom

No comments:

Post a Comment