Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ooogly Tack

If you've ever visited eBay and looked through the saddles, you're likely to see a variety of shapes, sizes and colors. Some are of the highest quality, others are not fit for a Cabbage Patch Kid to ride around on. I was inspired by Tacky Tack of the Day's blog and thought I'd take a crack at an ugly tack entry myself. Turns out there is no shortage of material.

How about this little number? Green with yellow diamonds? niiice

This one is a dandy! I love how sturdy and comfortable it looks, not to mention it looks like it was made from scrap.

Now for you hunters, here's the thing! No one will see you coming in this rig (nor would they want to for that matter)

And there's nothing like a good ol fake floral motif

Well, maybe you prefer leather? Here's a gem for your western pleasure classes

I've named this "Racing towards Disaster"- the ugliest barrel saddle I've ever seen...

Unless you've seen this one. I love the bumpy ostrich pink seat!

Can't decide to ride English or western? Why not ride both at the same time with this super deluxe model.

and last but not least, "Animal Print Horror" This one made me almost spit out my drink from laughing when I saw it.

Sure there is a preference issue in tack but some of these are not only eye-sores, but poorly functional as well. I'm a fan of a good old leather saddle any day. If I had to watch my dollars, I'd purchase a used brand-name saddle before I'd ever consider something like well ^^^ that stuff.










No comments:

Post a Comment