Sunday, April 29, 2012

New arrival

This week was a very good one. My mare Dust of Honey, Abby had a foal! A little colt, I'm very thrilled. This isn't just any old colt, he's something special alright.

The mare (Abby) is the one I wrote about earlier (the backwards horse). She's been with me since 1998 and is my first horse. I'd ridden and shown her for years and in her retirement she gave me a second generation to carry on her legacy: Flying Ace or Pilot for short.

I've got high hopes for the little fella. With his dam's athleticism and the sire's levelheadedness, I believe he will go far. He's also got some decent bloodlines: Two Eyed Jack, Three Bars and Prince Plaudit in his background. Not too shabby for a backyard-bred horse.

Welcome to the herd little Pilot! Can't wait to ride you in a good three years, you're a stunner just like your mama.





No comments:

Post a Comment