Monday, May 7, 2012

Skyler at the funshow

Last Saturday was our saddle club's funshow and I decided to pull ol Skyler out of the pasture and give it a try. I hadn't had many chances to ride this spring yet and wasn't quite sure how he'd do. Getting time off when your husband farms and works when you've got 3 small kids is somewhat difficult.

So the weather was in the 50's and there was a chance of rain but mostly it was a nice day. It was great not to have to worry about the kids. My 4 legged kid stayed tied to the trailer and caused me no trouble. As for the show part: He got 2nd in English equitation and pleasure and in the gaming we won $9 in the jackpot classes for barrels, poles and jumping figure 8. Keep in mind there was a small turnout and it was only a funshow.  Even so, it was a nice time off. I bet Skyler wouldn't agree, he had to work!

An extra feather in my cap: I drove the truck & trailer myself. Loaded and unloaded my horse. Skyler was a bit stubborn about loading but I got him. I had everything packed up and was rolling out just when the rain started.

Project for next funshow: our mare Doka Doll Fleet. She's got more of the pleasure horse type build and Al and I think she'd be worth a try in the show pen. If she does well we'd try a WSCA show later in the month of June. -Skyler will be doing leadline with the kids

Next project

I appologize but there are no pictures, my cameraman was babysitting 3 kids and had his hands full. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment